Baby Massage Course
- Learn the ancient art of baby massage in the beautiful surroundings of Strandhill. The course will teach you how to massage your baby and how to connect with your baby through a simple sequence of easy to learn strokes. Each course lasts 5 weeks and each class is held on a Wednesday morning from 11am until 12.30pm. Each class allows 1 hour for baby massage and 30 minutes mum time to relax over tea/coffee and cake, meet new friends, share experiences and swap stories! Classes are small,relaxed, informal and baby led. You are free to feed, change and comfort baby throughout as necessary. Cushions, padded mats and blankets are provided for comfort.
- The course is suitable for babies from 4 weeks to pre-crawler. It is also suitable and beneficial for premature babies and babies with special needs. The cost of the course is €100 which is refundable on certain health insurance plans – please check with your provider. The price includes oil, handouts and post class refreshments.
Benefits for baby
- Induces deep relaxation, promoting improved sleep patterns
- Aids digestion helping to alleviate symptoms of colic, wind and constipation
- Improves circulation
- Aids muscle tone
- Aids neurological development
- Enhances development of motor skills
- Can help with weight loss
- Nurtures a sense of security
- Increases a baby’s sense of self awareness
Benefits for you
- Promotes bonding between parent and baby
- Relaxing, calming, friendly environment
- Strengthens and enhances emotional bonds through eye contact and voice
- Helps you to read/understand baby’s cues and body language
- Promotes greater confidence in handling baby and reduces risk of postnatal depression
- Opportunity to take time out from our busy lives and meet other mums in a similar situation.
- It’s fun! We use simple songs/nursery rhymes
My name is Lorna Middleton.
I am a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI) accredited by the International Association of Infant Massage(IAIM) and a member of Baby Massage Ireland.
I am a mother of three children, a registered Nurse/ Midwife and I continue to work part time as a staff nurse.
Times & Fees
Each course lasts 5 weeks and each class is held on a Wednesday morning from 11am until 12.30pm. Each class allows 1 hour for baby massage and 30 minutes mum time to relax over tea/coffee and cake, meet new friends, share experiences and swap stories!
The cost of the course is €100 which is refundable on certain health insurance plans – please check with your provider. The price includes oil, handouts and post class refreshments.
1:1 Private course in your own home available on request. €150 for 4 wks.
Colic routine €40
Help ease the symptoms of colic with a one hour private instruction in your own home.
10% discount offered on the 5 wk course should you choose to book a place.
For more information, please contact Lorna on 087 6636098 or email on email@example.com
The class was very well organised and structured. The baby loved the massage and we felt very much at ease. I would highly recommend it and it is great to meet new parents .